The SME portal is a central information service for questions related to standardization. The service is designed to assist SMEs. Make use of our know-how and benefit from our experience.
Standards present essential competitive advantages for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). By using recognized standards
- you can reduce time-to-market;
- you can improve your ability to compete with other major organisations;
- you can increase your productivity;
- you can manage resources as efficiently as possible;
- you can fulfil and comply with legal requirements;
- and you can speed up approval of Swiss products in other countries.
What you can expect from us
- advice on search for standards and specifications
- advice on lobbying and active involvement in standardization
- information on technical standards and regulations worldwide
- information on testing and certification agencies
- information on EU conformity and CE labelling
- seminars on practical application of standards and regulations
- Standards subscription: Subscription
- Terms and abbreviations from the world of standards: Glossary
- Search and order: Standards and other publications
- EAER SME portal: Information on product safety, amendments to law, etc.
- CEN-CENELEC SME web portal: Current information from CEN and CENELEC
Downloads (PDF, in German)
SME eLearning Tool
Do you want to learn about standardization in a quick and easy way? Through short animations and explanatory texts, you will learn about the benefits of using standards and of participating in standardization. This eLearning tool for SMEs consists of 6 modules with individual subjects. It is available in 23 languages and free of charge.